The Swiss School of Prosthetics and Edmonds Dental Prosthetics lab have partnered to offer two (2) $950 continuing education scholarships annually to MTI Dental Assisting Program graduates from the Springfield, Missouri campus location.
This scholarship is a great opportunity for MTI Dental Assisting graduates who would like to continue their education and expand their career opportunities in the dental field. The scholarship will cover the cost of the Swiss School of Prosthetic’s Basic Course 01: The Clinical Foundation of Full Dentures.
This continuing education course is offered several times throughout the year, and scholarship winners can select the course date that works best for their schedule up to one year after receiving the scholarship.
Scholarship Application Requirements:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA upon graduation from MTI’s Dental Assisting Program at the Springfield, MO campus
- 90% attendance while enrolled in MTI’s Dental Assisting Program
- Submission of written 1-page (12 pt. font, double spaced) essay explaining why you chose a career as a dental assistant and your future goals in the dental field.
- The essay must be submitted to Lisa Hays, Dental Assisting Program Director at MTI’s Springfield, MO campus via email by the deadline(s) below.
- Contact Information:
- Office: 417-227-4950 x 1642
- Fax: 417-227-4960
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
- Scholarship 1 deadline is Wednesday, May 31st, 2023
- Scholarship 2 deadline is Thursday, November 30th, 2023
Successful removable prosthetics are based on impeccable working documents for clinic and laboratory. You will learn the essentials of initial anatomic impressions, functional impressions, pre-bite registrations as well as the determination of the definitive jaw relations using intraoral support pin registration according to Prof. Dr. A. Gerber.
- The fundamentals: Support and position stability
- Anatomic impression
- Functional impression
- Pre-bite registration
- Esthetic checking templates—Determine intramaxillary relationships
- Intraoral support pin registration according to GERBER—Determine intermaxillary relationships
Basic Course 01 “The Clinical Foundation of Full Dentures” Dates (2023):
- Friday, May 26th, 2023
- Friday, October 20th, 2023
*2024 dates to be announced. Winners can select to attend a 2024 course date if necessary.