HVAC/R-MAR Technician Program Overview
The HVAC/R–MAR Technician Program provides installation, repair and maintenance training for the heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration industry. The program also provides installation and repair training for the major appliance industry.
Midwest Technical Institute’s HVAC/Refrigeration and Major Appliance Repair includes extensive hands-on experience to provide each student with the basic knowledge and skills needed to become an entry-level employee in the HVAC/R-MAR industries. MTI’s HVAC classes can be taken in any order.
Successful completion of the program will entitle the student to a diploma in HVAC/R-MAR. The student is also required to take and pass the EPA Section 608* Core certification exams.
*The student must take and pass the Core Type I and Type II certification exams.
*Not all programs and courses are available at all campuses.
- Basic Electricity
- Air Conditioning
- Heat Pumps & Electric Heat
- Major Appliance Repair
- Gas Heat
- Indoor Air Quality
- Employment & Certification Readiness
HVAC/R–MAR Technician FAQ
- What is an HVAC/R-MAR technician?
- “Heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers—often called HVACR technicians—work on heating, ventilation, cooling, and refrigeration systems that control the temperature and air quality in buildings.” *www.bls.gov
- How much do HVAC/R-MAR technicians make?
- Where can I work as an HVAC/R-MAR technician?
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “HVACR technicians work mostly in homes, schools, stores, hospitals, office buildings or factories. Some technicians are assigned to specific job sites at the beginning of each day. Others travel to several different locations, making service calls.” *www.bls.gov
- Are HVAC/R-MAR technicians in demand?
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts the job outlook for HVAC/R-MAR technicians will increase by 15% from 2016 to 2026. *www.bls.gov
- How much does HVAC/R-MAR technician training cost?
- For more information on MTI program costs, visit our Gainful Employment Disclosures.
Midwest Technical Institute offers a variety of financing options to qualifying students. Financial Aid Representatives are available at each of our campuses to assist you. Please contact your nearest MTI campus today to learn more.
HVAC/R-MAR technician training at Midwest Technical Institute prepares the student for entry-level employment in the HVAC/R and major appliance industry. Career options include: equipment and duct installer, service technician, apartment maintenance technician, sales representative, refrigeration mechanic, field service representative, commercial maintenance and more.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts the job outlook for HVAC/R-MAR technicians will increase by 15% from 2016 to 2026. *www.bls.gov
The HVAC/R–MAR Technician Program at the Springfield, IL campus is accredited by HVAC Excellence.
MTI is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges (ACCSC).
MTI is approved by the United States Department of Education to participate in the Federal Financial Aid Program.