Midwest Technical Institute 2024 High School Welding Competition
Start your journey to becoming a welder! The MTI Regional High School Welding Competition is a competition for motivated high school seniors who want to prove that they have what it takes to be a welder.
All qualified participants in the competition will receive a $500 MTI scholarship. Qualified participants will also have the opportunity to enroll in one of MTI’s Welding Programs that provide students hands-on training geared to meet the tough demands of today’s employers.
The objective is for our students to gain entry-level employment across the country in the manufacturing, construction and maintenance fields. The certifications we issue to our graduates maximize employability potential in the welding industry.
What can I expect at the MTI High School Welding Competition?
- A timed welding project to be completed by each participant and judged before a panel
- A fun, family-oriented event where participant’s friends and relatives are invited to come and watch you compete
- Admission and Financial Aid Representatives available to answer your questions
- Demonstrations and networking with experts from the welding industry
- A tour of campus and vendor booths
- An awards ceremony concluding the competition and announcing the scholarship winners
When and where is the MTI High School Welding Competition?
Missouri Regional Competition
When: Saturday, February 24th, 2024
Where: Midwest Technical Institute’s Springfield, MO campus
Illinois Regional Competition
When: Saturday, April 20th, 2024
Where: Midwest Technical Institute’s East Peoria, IL campus
For full details of the event or to RSVP, please contact your local campus High School Representatives (info below).
For more information, please contact your local High School Representative.
Springfield, IL Campus
East Peoria, IL Campus
Moline, IL Campus
Note: Midwest Technical Institute, Inc. (MTI), together with its Delta Technical College (DTC) division are offering the Welding Competition Scholarship Program to promote ongoing commitment to skilled trade education. All scholarships awarded through the Welding Competition must be used at one of our MTI or DTC campus locations. Scholarships cannot be exchanged for cash. See official terms and conditions for details.