Student Complaint Procedure
Student Grievance Review Board Procedure
A student of Midwest Technical Institute seeking redress through grievance regarding attendance, academics or conduct must first attempt to resolve the matter informally by following the chain of command.
- The student must first speak with their instructor.
- If the matter is not resolved at that point, the student can request to meet with the respective Program Director.
- If the issue is still unresolved, the student can request to meet with the Director of Education.
- Should the issue remain unresolved, the student must submit a written request for a meeting with the Grievance Review Board within 5 working days of the initial documented concern at the appropriate address (see addresses section below.)
The request for the meeting must state the following:
- Name of the grievant
- Program the grievant is enrolled in
- Name of the program instructor
- Current address and phone number of the grievant
- Statement of the grievance, including what resolution is being sought and any supporting documentation
Student Grievance Review Board Addresses
Springfield, IL – Main Campus
2731 Farmers Market Road
Springfield, IL 62707
Toll Free: (888) 976-5171
Springfield, MO – Branch Campus
3600 Glenstone Outer Road
Springfield, MO 65804
Toll Free: (888) 976-5176
Issues remaining unresolved at the institutional level may be directed to the following, depending on campus location and/or program. More information is available in the course catalog (see below).
- The Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (for the Cosmetology Program in IL)
- The State of Missouri Department of Higher Education
- Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners (for the Cosmetology Program in MO)
Illinois Board of Higher Education Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools
431 East Adams, 2nd Floor
Springfield, IL 62701-1404
Fax (217) 782-8548
Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
Division of Professional Regulation
320 West Washington Street
Springfield, IL 62786
Missouri Department of Higher Education
P.O. Box 1469
Jefferson City, MO 65102-1469
Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners
P.O. Box 1062
Jefferson City, M0 65102