Midwest Technical Institute (MTI) is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. During this time, we strive to provide any assistance we can to our student community. MTI has compiled the below list of community resources available to assist students and their loved ones.
This list of MTI Student Resources includes local and national information on food resources, home and utilities, transportation, educational resources, mental health and more.
East Peoria, IL
Food Pick up for families is available from the following locations:
- Edison Junior High School, 1400 Earl St.
- Wilson Intermediate School, 900 Koch St.
- Pekin Housing Authority on Broadway at the Community Center
- Richwoods High School, 6301 N. University St.
- Mark Bills Middle School, 6001 N. Frostwood Pkwy.
- Hines Primary School, 4603 Knoxville Ave.
- Jamieson School, 2721 W Richwoods Blvd.
- Rolling Acres Middle School, 5617 N. Merrimac Ave.
- The Greater Peoria YMCA, 7000 N. Fleming Ln.
- Peoria High School, 1615 North North St.
- Lincoln K-8 School, 700 Mary St.
- Maude Sanders Primary, 1907 W. Forrest Hill Ave.
- Roosevelt Magnet School, 1704 W. Aiken Ave.
- Glen Oak Community Learning Center, 2100 N. Wisconsin Ave.
- First Federated Church, 3601 N. Sheridan Rd.
- Salvation Army, 2903 W. Nebraska Ave.
- Manual High School, 811 S. Griswold St.
- Valeska Hinton, 800 W. Romeo B. Garrett Ave.
- Calvin Coolidge Middle School, 2708 W. Rohmann Ave.
- Harrison Community Learning Center, 2727 West Krause Ave.
- South Side Community Center, 1618 S. Laramie St.
East Peoria: 11a-1p
- Shute School, 300 Briarbrook Dr.
- Armstrong School, 1848 Highview Rd.
- Wilson School, 300 Oakwood Ave.
- Central Junior High School, 601 Taylor St.
- Richland Community Center, 446 Cass St.
- McAlister’s Deli in Peoria, 4810 N University (Turkey and cheese sandwich, chips, applesauce and cookie. K-12 grade)
- Additional Resources:
- Neighborhood House, 1020 S Matthew St, 12pm to 1pm (To-go lunches for 18years and younger)
- Hy-Vee, 4125 N Sheridan Rd and 5420 W War Memorial (Sandwich, granola bar, fruit, water and cookie)
- El Habanero, 823 Jefferson St., 11am to 2pm (Rice, beans, and xs cheese quesadilla. School age children)
- Two P’s Pizza and Pub in Pekin, 930 S. 2nd St., 11am to 1pm (7” pizza and fountain drink. School age children)
- Burger King is giving away two free kids meals with any purchase made via the Burger King app.
- West Mark Food Pantry 1504 W Moss Ave, Peoria. 9a-11a
- New Testament Fellowship Church 1701 N Sheridan Rd, Peoria 10a-12p
- John’s Lutheran Church 6614 W Smithville Rd, Bartonville 12[-1p
- New Life Church 2018 W Kellogg Ave, W Peoria 11a-1p
- Redeemer Lutheran Church 6801 N Allen Rd, Peoria 1p-3p
- Pilgrims Progress Church 3033 W Marquette St, Peoria 4p-6p
- Church of Christ 7722 North Allen Rd, Peoria 12:30p-2p
- Catholic Charities 1825 NE Adams St, Peoria 9a-11:30a
- Salvation Army Peoria 2903 W Nebraska, Peoria 9a-12p
- Mt Zion Baptist Church 305 S Madison Park Terrace, Peoria 1p-3p
- Catholic Charities 1825 NE Adams Street, Peoria 9:30a-11:30a
- Richland Bridge Food Pantry 5114 E Richland Ave, Chillicothe 9a-12p
- Hand Up Peoria Inc. 1419 S Folkers Ave, Peoria 10a-12p
- Salvation Army Peoria 2903 W Nebraska, Peoria 9a-12p
- Redeemer Lutheran Church 6801 N Allen Rd., Peoria 9a-11a
- New Beginnings Ministries 3201 NE Madison Ave., Peoria 11a-1p
- Heaven’s View Christian Fellowship 602 W Richmond Ave., Peoria 10a-12p
Please visit the Mass Care in Peoria County on Facebook for additional resources.
Customers should contact their utility Companies to update them on your situation. All utility companies are restoring all utilities that have been disconnected and are halting all disconnections at this time.
- Ameren: (800) 232-2477 or visit their website.
- Illinois Water: (800) 422-2782 or visit their website.
- Xfinity: (800) 934-6489 or visit their website.
Cell Phone Service
- AT&T: Unlimited AT&T Home Internet call (800) 869-4157 or visit their website.
- Sprint: Lifting caps on all data plans call (877) 878-9359 or visit their website.
- T-Mobile: Lifting caps on all data plans call (800) TMOBILE or visit their website.
- Verizon: Waving late fees for two months please call (800) VERIZON or visit their website.
- US Cellular: Will not terminate services and wave late fees call (888) 944 -9400 or visit their website.
Visit the Illinois Department of Employment Security website for more information regarding unemployment if you are out of work regarding COVID-19.
- Aldi: All locations in Peoria area, are hiring apply online
- Wal-Mart: Hiring temporary employees, apply online
- Hy-Vee: Hiring temporary employees, apply online
- Costco: Hiring temporary employees, apply online
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking & growing (designed for grades K-9) visit: scholastic.com/learnathome
- Matr: 25 fun math activities and games for kids to do free at home visit: https://matr.org/blog/fun-maths-games-activities-for-kids/
- Learn in Color: Book lists, history & science resources, math resources & other activities visit: https://learnincolor.com/about-me
- ABC Mouse: Full online curriculum for children ages 2-8 offers a free 30-day trial visit: abcmouse.com
- Xfinity Wi-Fi Free for Everyone: Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit: xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
- Comcast: Call 1-855-846-8376 or visit: internetessentials.com/covid19
- Citylink has suspended fare collection on all transportation services from March 17th thru April 1st Including Citylink, Citylift, and Countylink. For more information visit: https://www.ridecitylink.org/gpmtd-suspending-fare-collection/
Senior Citizen Resources
- Illinois Department on Aging: Senior Helpline and Resources call 1-800-252-8966 or visit https://www2.illinois.gov/aging/Resources/Pages/helpline-main.aspx
- Payment Deadline Extended to July 15, 2020. For more information visit: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/payment-deadline-extended-to-july-15-2020
Financial Support During Coronavirus COVID-19
- Where to Find Financial Support During Coronavirus COVID-19: https://www.thesimpledollar.com/financial-wellness/coronavirus-financial-assistance/
Financial Assistance for Tipped & Service Workers
- ONE FAIR WAGE — Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund: https://ofwemergencyfund.org/
Mental Health & Counseling Services
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network: nctsn.org
- Tips for coping with anxiety about Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.verywellmind.com/managing-coronavirus-anxiety-4798909
- Alcoholics Anonymous Phone Meetings: http://aaphonemeetings.org/
- Mindful Schools: Mindfulness Classes for Kids: https://www.mindfulschools.org/
- 7 Cups Online Free 24/7 Chat Therapy & Counseling: https://www.7cups.com/
Resources for Property Owners
- National Association of Realtors Resources for Property Owners: nar.realtor/coronavirus-resources-for-property-owners