- Up to 23 scholarships available at each MTI campus location – including full rides!
- More than $800,000 total in MTI & DTC scholarship funds to be awarded across all 2021 winners
- $5+ million has been awarded through MTI & DTC scholarship programs since 2014
SPRINGFIELD, IL: Midwest Technical Institute (MTI) and sister school, Delta Technical College (DTC), are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the 2021 MTI and DTC High School Scholarship Program for graduating high school seniors!
This year, the scholarship program will award up to 23 scholarships at each of our six MTI and DTC campus locations. Last year, 167 winners were awarded a total of $787,000 in MTI & DTC scholarship funds.
Up to 138 scholarships total will be awarded to students across MTI and DTC’s campus network. Winners will receive approximately $804,000 total in MTI & DTC scholarship funds. Scholarship award amounts vary from Full Ride, $10,000, $8,000, $5,000, $3,000, and $2,000.
The scholarship application process includes three steps – registering online, submitting a video, and meeting with MTI representatives. The MTI and DTC High School Scholarship Program is intended to provide an opportunity for graduating seniors to potentially reduce the cost of their postsecondary education as they pursue a career path in the growing skilled trades industry.
“We were so impressed by the perseverance and positivity of the 2020 graduating class. This year, we know some challenges remain, but the team at MTI is ready to help the class of 2021 navigate the ‘new normal’ and continue to move forward toward their career goals. Seniors looking for an alternative to traditional four-year college, and who instead want to pursue a career path in the trades, should consider applying. Through this scholarship program, MTI offers an opportunity to help potentially ease the burden of their financial investment in postsecondary education, and ultimately their future career.” – Louie Schonauer, Director of High School Recruiting, Midwest Technical Institute.
MTI’s 3 Step Scholarship Application Process
Complete the application in three easy steps by March 5, 2021!
- Register online at https://www.midwesttech.edu/scholarship
- Submit a video (up to five minutes in length) detailing which program the applicant is interested in and why, why they think MTI is the right fit for them, and why they deserve a scholarship.
- Complete an interview with an MTI High School Representative and participate in a Financial Aid consultation. These meetings can be completed through a virtual, phone, in-home or on-campus appointment.
Meet Past Scholarship Winners
Meet three receipts of the MTI & DTC High School Scholarship — who share their experience with the scholarship process, what it was like attending MTI or DTC, and the career path they pursued after graduation.