MTI and WQAD News are honoring high school student athletes who not only excel on the field or court, but also inside and outside of the classroom.
To nominate a high school student, go online to WQAD.com and fill out a nomination form. One student will be selected each month from October 2020-May 2021 and featured in a news story to air on WQAD News 8. Students will also be awarded with a medal provided by MTI.
Congratulations to the MTI Star Student Athlete Winners:
- October 2020: Emma Seiboldt, Sophomore at ROWVA High School, Cross Country. Watch her interview with MTI and her feature on WQAD.
- November 2020: Tyler Maro, Senior at Assumption High School, Football. Watch his interview with MTI and his feature on WQAD.
- December 2020: Kora Ruff, Pleasant Valley High School, Volleyball and Track
- January 2021: Jahsiah Galvan, Junior at West Liberty, Football, Basketball, Soccer, and Track.
- February 2021: Maddi and Abbi Barickman, Seniors at Geneseo High School, Basketball (multi-sport).
- March 2021: Austin Martinez, United Township High School, Football. Watch his interview with MTI here!
- April 2021: Gabby Sharer, Sherrard High School, Soccer, Cheerleading. Watch her interview with MTI here!
- May 2021: Charlie Farmer, Moline High School Wrestling. Watch his interview with MTI here!