Midwest Technical Institute (MTI) is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. During this time, we strive to provide any assistance we can to our community. MTI has compiled the below list of community resources available to assist students and their loved ones.
This list of MTI Student Resources includes local and national information on food resources, home and utilities, transportation, educational resources, mental health and more.
- Visit https://ozarksfoodharvest.org/coronavirus-update/ for a list of pantry times and locations
- Check for drive-through breakfast and lunch pick-ups at your child’s public school from 9a-12p
- Visit Freeway Ministries on Facebook for more information on free meal delivery.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Springfield, MO drive through food distributions (3/18-4/3.) Please visit their Facebook page for full Food Distribution Plan and locations.
- Henderson Unit (835 W. Calhoun) Drive up to the front entrance, Henderson Club families pick up food at Henderson
- Musgrave (720 S. Park) Drive up to the side cafeteria door located on the NORTH side of the building facing Zagonyi Park Sertoma and Musgrave Club families pick up food at Musgrave
- Stalnaker (1410 N. Fremont) Drive up to the side cafeteria emergency exit door on the NORTH side of the building facing Smith Park, Fremont and Stalnaker Club families pick up food at Stalnaker
- Council of Churches of the Ozarks: Drive-thru lunches Monday-Friday 9a-1p. Place order online or call 417-869-0563. Take proof of address and SS card of each resident. Visit their website for more information.
- Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services: WIC Customers: If the shelf is empty, ask the store for a partial WIC Formula Redemption Form and bring it to the WIC office for a replacement voucher.
- Grocery Stores:
- Wal-Mart Stores will be open 6am to 11pm until further notice
- HyVee Store hours 8am-8pm 7 days a week and making deliveries using DoorDash
- KY3.com Restaurant List updated with hours, drive-through, catering, etc.
City Utilities will suspend disconnection of utilities for non-payment until May 1st. For more information, call 417-863-9000 or visit: https://www.cityutilities.net/
Cell Phone Service
- AT&T: Unlimited AT&T Home Internet call (800) 869-4157 or visit their website.
- Sprint: Lifting caps on all data plans call (877) 878-9359 or visit their website.
- T-Mobile: Lifting caps on all data plans call (800) TMOBILE or visit their website.
- Verizon: Waving late fees for two months please call (800) VERIZON or visit their website.
- US Cellular: Will not terminate services and wave late fees call (888) 944 -9400 or visit their website
For more information on filing unemployment in Missouri due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit Department of Labor & Industrial Relations website.
- Magnolia Square Nursing & Rehab: https://magnoliasquarenursingandrehab.com/employment/
- Phoenix Home Care & Hospice: Call 855-881-7442 or visit https://phoenixhomehc.com/careers/
- Lowes: Visit https://jobs.lowes.com/
- Select Genetics Turkey Breeders: https://select-genetics.com/contact-us/
- 2 Girls & a Towel Cleaners: Visit their Facebook page for more information or call 619-636-7778 or email: email@example.com
- Adecco Cleaning: Visit https://www.adeccousa.com/ or call 417-624-1911.
- Tradesmen International Staffing Agency: Hiring solid surface installers call 417-986-0821 or visit their website.
- Wal-Mart: Hiring temporary employees, apply online
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking & growing (designed for grades K-9) visit: scholastic.com/learnathome
- Matr: 25 fun math activities and games for kids to do free at home visit: https://matr.org/blog/fun-maths-games-activities-for-kids/
- Learn in Color: Book lists, history & science resources, math resources & other activities visit: https://learnincolor.com/about-me
- ABC Mouse: Full online curriculum for children ages 2-8 offers a free 30-day trial visit: abcmouse.com
- Khan Academy: nonprofit with the mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Visit: https://www.khanacademy.org/
- 130+ Amazing Online Learning Resources from We Are Teachers: https://www.weareteachers.com/free-online-learning-resources/
- Teachers Pay Teachers: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/
- Prodigy: Easily motivate 1st to 8th grade students to learn and practice math. Accessible at home or in class: https://www.prodigygame.com/
- Zearn Math: Thanks to donations, our entire K-5 curriculum – including 400 hours of digital lessons with on-screen teachers and supportive remediation – is available for free during this time.
- List of Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions due to School Closures: http://amazingeducationalresources.com/
- Xfinity Wi-Fi Free for Everyone: Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit: xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
- Comcast: Call 1-855-846-8376 or visit: internetessentials.com/covid19
Bus service resumes as normal, for more information visit: https://www.cutransit.net/
- Diaper Bank of The Ozarks: Call 417-501-4411, Monday through Friday 8a-5p or visit https://diaperbankoftheozarks.org/
Senior Citizen Resources
- Illinois Department on Aging: Senior Helpline and Resources call 1-800-252-8966 or visit https://www2.illinois.gov/aging/Resources/Pages/helpline-main.aspx
Financial Support During Coronavirus COVID-19
- Where to Find Financial Support During Coronavirus COVID-19: https://www.thesimpledollar.com/financial-wellness/coronavirus-financial-assistance/
Financial Assistance for Tipped & Service Workers
- ONE FAIR WAGE — Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund: https://ofwemergencyfund.org/
- Payment Deadline Extended to July 15, 2020. For more information visit: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/payment-deadline-extended-to-july-15-2020
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Springfield, MO is helping families in need. For details visit: https://www.bgclubspringfield.org/
- Heart of Missouri United Way, Inc.: Call 1-800-427-4626 or 1-417-863-7700CU
- Ozark Food Harvest: Call Jo at 417-865-3411 ext114 for more information
- Safe to Sleep Women’s Shelter: Call 417-862-3586 for more information
Mental Health & Counseling Services
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network: nctsn.org
- Tips for coping with anxiety about Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.verywellmind.com/managing-coronavirus-anxiety-4798909
- Alcoholics Anonymous Phone Meetings: http://aaphonemeetings.org/
- Mindful Schools: Mindfulness Classes for Kids: https://www.mindfulschools.org/
- 7 Cups Online Free 24/7 Chat Therapy & Counseling: https://www.7cups.com/
Resources for Property Owners
- National Association of Realtors Resources for Property Owners: nar.realtor/coronavirus-resources-for-property-owners