Midwest Technical Institute (MTI) is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. During this time, we strive to provide any assistance we can to our community. MTI has compiled the below list of community resources available to assist students and their loved ones.
This list of MTI Student Resources includes local and national information on food resources, home and utilities, transportation, educational resources, mental health and more.
Moline, IL (Quad Cities)
- King’s Harvest Ministries in Davenport is offering free carry-out hot meals on Wednesdays and Fridays from 11:30a – 1p and Saturdays from 9a – 10a.
- Chief’s Bar and Grill: Free kids meals are being offered for K-12 students in Silvis and East Moline from March 16 to March 30 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Chief’s at 1600 Crosstown Avenue in Silvis, Illinois is asking for proof of school ID or an adult present with area documentation.
- Davenport Community School District: Any child between 1 to 18 years of age can receive free lunch from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. starting on Monday, March 23. Breakfast will also be handed out for the following morning. Here’s where to go:
- DLC/Keystone at 1002 W Kimberly Road
- Davenport Sudlow at 1414 East Locust Street
- Davenport Williams at 3040 North Division
- Davenport Frank L. Smart at 1934 West 5th Street
- Davenport Wood at 5701 North Division
- Granite City Food and Brewery: The restaurant in Davenport is offering 150 free lunches a day from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. of a turkey sandwich, chips and applesauce. The restaurant asks the community to call in at (563) 344-9700 and ask for the manager when requesting lunch.
- Jeff’s Market: The family-owned business in Blue Grass is offering free sack lunches and discounted $3 hot lunches for kids. The deli asks the community to call ahead at (563) 381-2085 for the discount or free lunch. The offer and discount is also offered at their other locations in Durant, Wilton and West Liberty.
- McAlister’s Deli: McAlister’s Deli is offering free lunches from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Galesburg, Moline, and Davenport.
- Quad City Pizza Company: Kids 12 and under can eat free on the buffet until March 31 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The restaurant has locations on the Avenue of the Cities in Moline and on State Street in Bettendorf.
- Rock Island – Milan School District: The district is offering three days of meal packages including breakfast and lunch from Monday, March 23 to Thursday, March 26 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Here’s where to go:
- Earl Hanson Elementary, 4000 9th Street, Rock Island
- Rock Island Academy, 930 14th Street, Rock Island
- Frances Willard, 2503 9th Street, Rock Island
- Longfellow Liberal Arts, 4195 7th Avenue, Rock Island
- Rock Island High School, 1400 25th Avenue, Rock Island
- Ridgewood Elementary, 9607 14th Street West, Rock Island
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary, 1307 W 4th Street, Milan
- Bettendorf and Pleasant Valley Schools: Bettendorf and Pleasant Valley Schools are partnering to provide meals for anyone 18 years or younger starting on Monday. Interested families should fill out a survey by Thursday, which will be used to determine pick-up times. Locations for pick-up are:
- Bettendorf Middle School, 2030 Middle Rd., Bettendorf
- Neil Armstrong Elementary, 3311 Central Ave., Bettendorf
- Davenport Schools: Starting Monday, any child between the ages of 1 and 18 can receive a lunch and breakfast for the following day Monday through Friday, between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., at the following locations:
- DLC/Keystone, 1002 W. Kimberly Rd., Davenport
- Sudlow Intermediate, 1414 E. Locus St., Davenport
- Williams Intermediate, 3040 N. Division St., Davenport
- Smart Intermediate, 1934 W. 5th St., Davenport
- Wood Intermediate, 5701 N. Division St., Davenport
- Moline-Coal Valley Schools: Until March 30, pick-up meals will be available between 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at the following sites:
- Bicentennial Elementary, 1004 1st St., Coal Valley
- John Deere Middle School, 2035 11th St., Moline
- Wilson Middle School, 1301 48th St., Moline
- Rock Island-Milan Schools: Meal kits including a three-day meal package with breakfast and lunch will be available for all district students. The kits will be available Monday and March 26 at the following locations:
- Earl Hanson Elementary, 4000 9th St., Rock Island
- Rock Island Academy, 930 14th St., Rock Island
- Frances Willard, 2503 9th St., Rock Island
- Longfellow Liberal Arts, 4195 7th Ave., Rock Island
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary, 1307 W. 4th St., Milan
- Rock Island High School, 1400 25th Ave., Rock Island
- Ridgewood Elementary, 9607 14th St. W., Rock Island
- United Township High School: Bagged breakfasts and lunches for all students can be picked up Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. at 1275 Avenue of the Cities, East Moline.
- Additional Food Resources:
- Chief’s Bar & Grill, 1600 Crosstown Ave., Silvis, IL: Meals available until March 30, Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Requires proof of school ID or adult present with area documentation.
- McAlister’s Deli, 2198 E. Kimberly Road, Davenport and 2949 41st Ave. Drive, Moline: Free sack lunch to-go Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
Both Alliant Energy and Mid-American Energy are suspending disconnection actions. For more information, visit:
Cell Phone Service
- AT&T: Unlimited AT&T Home Internet call (800) 869-4157 or visit their website.
- Sprint: Lifting caps on all data plans call (877) 878-9359 or visit their website.
- T-Mobile: Lifting caps on all data plans call (800) TMOBILE or visit their website.
- Verizon: Waving late fees for two months please call (800) VERIZON or visit their website.
- US Cellular: Will not terminate services and wave late fees call (888) 944 -9400 or visit their website
Visit the Illinois Department of Employment Security website for more information regarding unemployment if you are out of work regarding COVID-19.
- Wal-Mart: Hiring temporary employees, apply online
- United Parcel Service: Warehouse Worker – Package Handler, Davenport, IA, apply online
- Aldi: Part-Time Cashier, Moline, IL, apply online
- United States Postal Service: PSE Mail Processing Clerk, Milan, IL, apply online
- Walmart: Cashiers, Personal Shoppers, Stocker’s & Garden Center, Moline, IL, apply online
- Hy-Vee: Stocker, Moline, IL, apply online
- Journeys: Part-Time Sales Associate, Moline, IL, apply online
- Subway: Subway Sandwich Artist®, Moline, IL, apply online
- Target: Guest Advocate (Cashier or Front of Store Attendant), Moline, IL, apply online
- JCPenney: Cashier, Moline, IL, apply online
- Fareway: Stores, Inc., Grocery Clerk, Moline, IL, apply online
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking & growing (designed for grades K-9) visit: scholastic.com/learnathome
- Matr: 25 fun math activities and games for kids to do free at home visit: https://matr.org/blog/fun-maths-games-activities-for-kids/
- Learn in Color: Book lists, history & science resources, math resources & other activities visit: https://learnincolor.com/about-me
- ABC Mouse: Full online curriculum for children ages 2-8 offers a free 30-day trial visit: abcmouse.com
- Xfinity Wi-Fi Free for Everyone: Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit: xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
- Comcast: Call 1-855-846-8376 or visit: internetessentials.com/covid19
The following are offering free transportation until further notice:
- Bettendorf Transit (309) 788-3360
- Davenport CitiBus (309) 788-3360
- Metro (309) 788-3360
- River Bend Transit (563) 386-1350 (Also providing free transportation, but individuals must have the Special Services Card to ride)
Senior Citizen Resources
- Illinois Department on Aging: Senior Helpline and Resources call 1-800-252-8966 or visit https://www2.illinois.gov/aging/Resources/Pages/helpline-main.aspx
Those not receiving childcare through the state/DHS can get childcare assistance at any of the YMCA Branches in the Quad Cities. Individuals must come in-person to register their children. There is a weekly fee of $150 for non-members.
- YMCA Moline: 2040 53rd, Moline, IL 61265, (309) 797-3945
- Davenport Family YMCA, 606 W. 2nd, Davenport, IA 52801, (563) 322-7171
- North Family Branch YMCA, 624 W. 53rd, Davenport, IA 52806, (563) 391-7771
- YMCA Utica Ridge, 4885 Utica Ridge Rd., Davenport, IA 52807, (563) 345-4244
Financial Support During Coronavirus COVID-19
- Where to Find Financial Support During Coronavirus COVID-19: https://www.thesimpledollar.com/financial-wellness/coronavirus-financial-assistance/
Financial Assistance for Tipped & Service Workers
- ONE FAIR WAGE — Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund: https://ofwemergencyfund.org/
- Payment Deadline Extended to July 15, 2020. For more information visit: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/payment-deadline-extended-to-july-15-2020
Mental Health & Counseling Services
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network: nctsn.org
- Tips for coping with anxiety about Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.verywellmind.com/managing-coronavirus-anxiety-4798909
- Alcoholics Anonymous Phone Meetings: http://aaphonemeetings.org/
- 7 Cups Online Free 24/7 Chat Therapy & Counseling: https://www.7cups.com/
- Mindful Schools: Mindfulness Classes for Kids: https://www.mindfulschools.org/
Resources for Property Owners
- National Association of Realtors Resources for Property Owners: nar.realtor/coronavirus-resources-for-property-owners