MTI and DTC HS Scholarship Video Submission
It’s time to show us what you got! Submit a video up to five minutes in length telling us why you are interested in the mechanical trades or allied health career fields, why you are interested in Midwest Technical Institute and finally, why you believe you should receive the scholarship award.
Tips for Success:
- Get creative! Show your personality, don’t be afraid to film your video in a location that is special to you (just be mindful of background noise), give a demonstration, or share a story.
- Tell us why you are interested in a specific program/career field.
- Share what made you interested in Midwest Technical Institute.
- Do not include any inappropriate content, e.g. profanity. Please see the terms and conditions for more details.
- All videos must address why the applicant believes he/she should receive the scholarship award.
- Have friends/family help! They can hold the camera for you and help you to find the best lighting. If you don’t have friends/family who can help, using a selfie stick or tripod will help to stabilize the camera and avoid shaking.
- Do not submit a video more than 5 minutes long.
- Lower the quality / resolution of your camera to help keep the file size of the video smaller.
- Try to shoot in landscape mode to avoid the black borders that result from shooting in portrait mode.
- You can shoot great video on your smartphone! Check out this YouTube video for more tips.
To submit a video, please fill out the form below to receive a video upload link. Once you receive the link, follow the instructions to upload your video. Please name your video with your first and last name and the campus you plan to attend.
Your video can only be an MP4 or MOV file with a maximum size of 125 MB. There are several apps for iPhone and Android that can reduce the size of videos**.
**Using or installing Smartphone apps to record or resize videos is at your own risk.
If you have any questions, please contact your local High School Representative.
High School Representatives
Springfield, IL Campus
Moline, IL Campus