To apply for MTI’s High School Scholarship, you must submit a 5-minute or less video telling us who you are, what skilled trade you’re interested in learning, what makes Midwest Technical Institute the right choice for you, and why this scholarship is important to you and your future career path.
Tips for Success
- Get creative! Don’t be afraid to show your personality as both a student and a member of your community. Involve your classmates, teachers, friends, and family. They can be a part of your video and share more about you and why you would be a great candidate for a scholarship to MTI.
- SHOW us, don’t tell us! Include examples of projects you’ve done, demonstrations of skills you’ve already developed, photos of your work, etc. This will really help you stand out against videos of applicants recording themselves talking to the camera.
- Try video editing software. To add photos, text, music, and other fun elements to your videos, try free video editing software such as CapCut. This will also help your video to stand out, and show that you put extra effort into your scholarship submission video.
- Get help from friends and family. They can hold the camera for you and help you to find the best lighting. If you don’t have friends or family who can help, you can use a selfie stick or tripod to stabilize the camera and avoid shaking.
- Do not submit a video more than 5 minutes long.
- Do not use inappropriate language or content, e.g. profanity. Please see the terms and conditions for more details.
To see examples of previous MTI Scholarship winners, visit our YouTube playlist!
How to Submit Your Scholarship Video
To submit your video:
- Fill out the form below to receive a video upload link.
- Once you receive the link, follow the instructions to upload your video.
- Name your video with your first and last name and the campus you plan to attend.