Pipe Fitting/Welding Instructor
Midwest Technical Institute, an established career college with campuses throughout the Midwest and Mississippi Delta region, is seeking a Full-time Pipe Fitting/Welding Instructor for our Springfield, Illinois campus. The hours will vary for this position.
Candidates must have a minimum three years of welding experience and a post-secondary welding education is preferred. Applicants should have experience in pipefitting and must also possess knowledge of SMAW, MIG, TIG and carbon/stainless steel welding processes. Additionally, candidates will be required to pass a stainless TIG and 6 inch carbon steel pipe test prior to any offer of employment.
- Teaching classes in both a classroom and lab environment
- Maintaining a good working relationship with industry employers
- Staying updated on current industry standards and trends
- Three years’ experience as a professional welder
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Post-secondary welding education/experience
Payment and compensation
Midwest Technical Institute offers employees a competitive wage and benefits package. Compensation will be determined based on experience at the time of hire.
Midwest Technical Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer