Massage Therapy Instructor
Midwest Technical Institute, an established career college with campuses throughout the Midwest and Mississippi Delta region, is seeking applicants for a Massage Therapy instructor at our Peoria, IL campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to train students for entry level employment in the workforce. The Instructor will teach both classroom theory and hands-on in lab situations. Midwest Technical Institute believes that hands-on learning is the greatest benefit that an instructor can provide to students.
- Requires Licensure as a Massage Therapist.
- Relevant qualifications, training, and experience in the field of Massage Therapy, which must include, at a minimum, three years of work experience in the Massage Therapy field.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Have strong organizational skills and a genuine sensitivity to the needs of the students.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are a must.
- Have the ability to stand for long periods of time during lecture and clinical time.
- Knowledgeable of the course content and proficient in all skills taught within the program.
- Competent, as evidenced by satisfactory performance of skills, of all competencies taught in curriculum.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
- Preparation in educational theory and techniques preferred. This can include formal education, continuing education and/or in-service education.
- Have a professional attitude and manner that reflects the high standards of MTI and the program you represent.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to Multi-task.
Job Duties Include:
- Teaching classes in both a classroom and lab environment
- Adhere to approved policies and procedures in the conduct of all instructional activities.
- Develop instructional plans and manage the daily routines of a competency-based education.
- Be efficient with planning time by using that time to make copies, lesson plans, posting attendance and grades.
- Begin class on time in an orderly, organized fashion.
- Provide an appropriate, intellectually stimulating instruction, based on the unique abilities of each student.
- Be courteous to and approachable by students.
- Supervise and coordinate clinical/lab activities.
- Assess students’ progress in achieving requirements in theory and practice through classroom activities and grading, lab competencies and student evaluations.
- Use effective motivation to help stimulate a personal desire to learn the curriculum.
- Assist with disciplinary actions related to students’ academics, attendance or conduct.
- Provide additional assistance to students who may be struggling.
- Assist with placement of students, offering reference letters and resources for student placements.
- Attend Professional Advisory Board Meetings, Graduation Ceremonies, monthly program and staff meetings, open houses, “instructor training”, and other required functions.
- Join or maintain membership to a professional organization pertaining to the professional responsibilities of MTI and attend conferences for this professional organization as needed.
- Assisting graduates with placement in their related career field.
- Staying up to date with industry standards.
- Maintain CEU’s as required by your professional organization.
Midwest Technical Institute offers a competitive wage and compensation package.
Midwest Technical Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer