Educational institutions participating in the Principles of Excellence program agree to the following guidelines:
- Provide students with a personalized form covering the total cost of an education program.
- Provide educational plans for all military and Veteran education beneficiaries.
- End fraudulent and aggressive recruiting techniques and misrepresentations.
- Accommodate Servicemembers and Reservists absent due to service requirements.
- Designate a point of contact to provide academic and financial advice.
- Ensure accreditation of all new programs prior to enrolling students.
- Align institutional refund policies with those under Title IV, which governs the administration of federal student financial aid programs.
Foreign schools, high schools, on-the-job training and apprenticeship programs, residency and internship programs, and institutions that do not charge tuition and fees are not required to comply with the Principles of Excellence.
Please use our GI Bill®® Comparison tool to see if the school you are interested in attending participates in the Principles of Excellence program.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Midwest Technical Institute
Springfield, Illinois Campus – 2731 Farmers Market Road, Springfield, IL 62707 (217) 527-8324
East Peoria, Illinois Campus – 280 High Point Lane, East Peoria, IL 61611 (309) 427-2750
Moline, Illinois Campus – 3620 Avenue of the Cities, Moline, IL 61265 (309) 277-7900
Springfield – E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
East Peoria – E-mail : email@example.com
Moline – E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of Excellence Executive Order
Establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members
Costs in the 2014-15 year
Massage Therapy – $670*
Medical Coding Specialist/Pharmacy Technician – MC-$860*/PT-$439*
Dental Assisting/Medical Assisting – DA-$389*/MA-$300*
Journeyman Welding I, HVAC-R – JW-$146*/HVAC-$170*
Cosmetology 1500 Hour – $659*
Journeyman Welding II – $146*
Cosmetology 2100 Hour – $659*
* Amount not covered by Post 9/11 (Background check, books, certifications, dues and/or license)
What will you pay for college
Cost of attendance minus total grants and scholarships is determined by program. Refer to cost table to calculate cost of each program.
Grants and scholarships to pay for college
Total Grants and Scholarships
Federal Pell Grant
Up to $5,730
Federal Direct Subsidized Loan
Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
Up to $3,500
Up to $6,000
Springfield, Illinois campus
East Peoria, Illinois campus
Moline, Illinois campus